Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This is  the first of what I hope will be many new posts. I have shed my old skin, sadly not enough of it, but come back not as 3xl, but as Apolit. See the profile for more details.

This will be a short intro to a new phase, but I hope it will give you enough of a taste of things to come. The word nostalgia, comes from old Greek, meaning "pain for home."

One man said it very well when he said that we spend half of our lives trying to get away from home, and half of it trying to get back. This blog will be best understood in that way, and like my dream will be full of warmth humor and emotion at surprisingly encountering old friends, dear ones and life meaning givers.

Home is antecedence, security, source, wellspring and foundation. Home is warmth and belonging, but it is also tension, a departure point and a place where we break the placenta and leave the womb, perhaps more than once, in setting forth and breaking out into the realization of our own created self and the consequences of walking into the light and dark of the world.

For Alex, father, grandfather, spiritual mentor and the man of my dream.

Apolit

No comments: