Monday, May 19, 2014

Taking your eyes off the Holy



I had taken my eyes off the Holy
And gazed upon the mundane
I had lost my view of transcendent
And had settled for life in the plain.

I had lost my feel for the sacred
I had touched too much of the world
I had sensed a loss of sensation
In my fingers so twisted and curled.

I had failed to hear what you're saying
I had listened to words without life
I had latched on to meaningless nonsense
I had fallen to discord and strife.

But I tasted today a new savor
As I listened my hunger returned
The aroma of Christ was so fragrant
I remembered so much I had learned.

Of the presence and power of Father
And the touch of His Spirit in love
Of a savior who poured out His life so pure
The wise incarnate from above.

I have sensed what enveloped can feel like
I've been silenced and quieted from talk.
I've been touched by the power of a shadow
As I hid in the cleft of the rock.


Be thou my vision, my view
Be thou my strength you renew,
Be though my longing always
My horizon till end of my days.

No comments: